While print, TV, radio and other mediums will always be relevant in the world of advertising, there’s one type that’s leading the way and still projected for growth: digital marketing. And nowhere is that more true than your local aesthetics clinic, with 97% of people looking for businesses right on their doorstep.
If you haven’t yet crafted a proper online presence, or you need to invest a little more in your website or social media, read on for 7 easy SEO tips for aesthetic clinics.
1. Data is your friend
You won’t go far without gathering and analysing data, slowly building a picture of aspects like your average customer, how people find your website, and the types of treatment that resonate with your clients.
– Use Google Analytics to set up a custom SEO dashboard, and collate all your analytical streams in one place
– Measure common sources — like traffic, conversions, referrals, page views and keyword searches
–2. Carefully research keywords
These are simply the words and phrases people type into Google (or another search engine) when they’re looking for something. Being the leading search engine, Google invests massively in keyword monitoring and research, amongst other data.
– Try Google Keyword Planner for finding keywords that match your treatments, products or offers
– Look into local keywords that capture traffic in your area that’s actively looking for your services
3. Develop your content
You’ve got web traffic. Now what? Capture their attention with engaging information, high-quality design and a seamless user experience (like fast load times or simple navigation. The more time spent on your website, the bigger the chance of conversion — whether it’s buying skincare or booking a treatment.
– Have your copy, graphics and web development taken care of by the experts to put your aesthetics clinic in the best light
– Thread keywords throughout your content, so Google ranks higher in search results
– Consider the customer journey, then use this to inform links and calls-to-action
4. Grow your presence
Today, it’s no longer good enough to just have a website. You’ll also need to have active social media profiles on platforms like Instagram, Facebook and more. Also, what about reviews? While you might be wary of including these, potential clients expect to see them and may not book with you without them.
– Try to keep the same handle or username across your portfolio, so people can find you easily and you can offer a more consistent experience
– Think about the right platform for your aesthetic clinic. If you like to post before and after shots, Instagram is ideal. For video content, like how-tos, behind-the-scenes and clinic tours, YouTube and TikTok are great
– Always be authentic to your values and try to ‘talk’ in the same way, or post content that sits comfortably with your branding
5. Change as you grow
Offering a new treatment? Create a new webpage for it. Got an amazing review to share? Blog about it. Bought or built a fancy new clinic? Take a photo or two for social. The more active you are online, the better your exposure will be, the greater your traffic, and the bigger your chance of conversion.
– Your strategy needs to grow as you do. Regularly review what works — and what doesn’t — and adjust to keep up
– Take swift action if something’s letting you down, like a broken image or missing page. The longer you leave it, the more likely it is to put off clients
6. There’s no quick fix
A true digital marketing strategy takes time: time to develop, time to roll-out, time to breathe, and time to analyse. Be realistic with your goals, and don’t expect things to change overnight.
– A typical digital marketing strategy varies from a matter of months, to a couple of times a year
– Updating your website is a big part of any digital marketing strategy, and you’ll need to be prepared for a complete refresh and redesign every couple of years to keep up with market trends and expectations
7. Invest in a digital marketing agency
As digital marketing specialists, we can ensure your existing strategy is up to scratch, or create something new that aligns with your goals. From building websites to rolling out SEO and even crafting your blogs and social posts, we can handle it all. Contact our team today on 01159 140640 to find out more, or visit our contact page for details.