In this post, we discuss the importance of boosting web traffic. Because an increase in traffic to your website increases customers – whether it’s booking appointments, or product sales for skincare. Here are five ways to do just that.
1) Google Ads (PPC)
A key digital marketing tool for any business, Google Ads help you target new clients not on social media or who, like most, prefer to search using Google. Your ad is displayed at the top of the results page for the specific search term used, which helps those actively seeking your treatments to gain instant traffic and enquiries. The platform also uses data to gain insight into what was clicked and which keywords were used – helping you to learn more about attracting new clients.
Google Ads target potential clients based on their geographical location at the time of searching, what time of day they search and even the device they’re using – all of which you can specify in your ad. Your budget is only used when a visitor clicks through (the reason it’s known as PPC – Pay Per Click), so you get a high return on your investment.).
Why use them?
– Google is the most widely-used search engine in the world – so has the greatest chance of generating click-throughs to your website.
– You’ll only be targeting those who are seeking out your treatments and services – so don’t need to worry about whether or not your business is relevant. In addition, you’ll only pay for the ads when someone actively clicks on them.
– You can set a budget and choose keywords to suit your treatments.
– Many people have tried and failed with Google Ads, but that doesn’t mean they don’t work. The trick is to use the right keywords and budget in the right way, through calling on research and data.
– Not everyone uses social media, but Google serves 3.5 billion searches every day, with 10% growth year-on-year.
2) Facebook & Instagram ads
These types of ads run on the most widely used social media platforms – in fact, according to Facebook, 1 in 5 minutes on mobile is spent on Instagram or Facebook. Running an ad needs a relevant audience, and there are choices when it comes to ad type – from scrollable carousel ads, to single media (image, video or slideshow). Each have their own benefits – for example, carousel ads can spread out benefits about a treatment or product across several graphics, or could allow you to market several treatments or products in one go.
Both websites have slightly different demographics, but they also have overlapping users – and ads will work differently on each platform, owing to their design (Instagram is more visually-based, while Facebook targets on interest or location).
Why use them?
– You can target your audience more precisely, including factors such as gender and location.
– Rather than relying on a client in a specific geographical location searching for your treatments or products, you can actively seek them out.
– Social media use is still on the increase, and is one of the most popular activities online, with around 3.6 billion users.
If you want to rank on the first page of Google’s search results, you don’t necessarily have to use Google Ads. And, after all, with this method, you’ll only be top of Google if you continue to pay for that spot. We recommend a combination of tactics, with organic SEO thrown into the mix. There are many methods you can use to improve your organic SEO results. These include everything from content, to traffic source and volume, to user experience. The main draw out of these is content.
Content helps Google when it crawls your site for information and helps it index it more effectively, so it can present your website to those searching for your treatments and products. However, it’s worth remembering that as much as your content needs to be optimised for Google, it also needs to be written well enough, and with the right information, to encourage human readers to stay on the website and convert.
Why use it?
– Tap into incoming traffic. 80% of all traffic is from search engines, 79% of which is from Google, and most of this is from organic results.
– Earn a higher position on Google’s search pages to ensure you’re seen by those seeking out your products and treatments
– Organic SEO can help your pages be more relevant to the topics and keywords your visitors are searching for.
– Other areas SEO can boost include page speed and bounce rate.
4) Email newsletters
Email newsletters are a great way to connect with your existing client base – and can be a cost-effective way to market new and existing products and treatments, helping engage your audience on specific content, and drive sales and bookings.
Newsletters can be a great medium for advertising new skincare products and treatments, promoting special offers and for inviting clients to attend special events. You could also extend special offers to your ezines to reward their loyalty.
Why use it ?
– It’s one of the most effective forms of marketing – research shows it’s one of the preferred ways for clients to hear from your clinic.
– It’s easy to personalise and tailor to your audience, helping you stay relevant and building trust between you and your clients.
– It’s instant, so you can quickly and easily communicate last-minute offers and exclusive deals.
5) Print marketing
While most of what we do is now online, print is by no means dead. In fact, print materials can encourage visitors to your website however they appear – from billboards or posters, to takeaway pieces at events.
Print marketing is a great way to integrate your marketing strategy, and adding it to other methods can bolster your efforts. Incredibly, it can even build trust between your clinic and your clients – industry insiders say consumers trust print ads 34% more than ads on search engines.
Why use it?
– When marketing your clinic, it’s important to not be limited to just the online space, and to capture your branding, personality and messaging in other mediums, too. For instance, your clinic could produce bespoke literature to support your client’s journey with you, from menu cards to price lists.
– Print marketing can broaden your scope even further – consider placing adverts in high-footfall areas, for example, to get the word out about your treatments. In addition, it could boost your efforts for local targeting.
– It’s highly credible and can help build trust with your audience futher.
– It’s a tangible and visual reminder of your clinic and when executed properly – think business card or a thank you offer – becomes something to keep or share.
Contact our experts today
At Cosmetic Digital, we understand the importance of all aspects of digital and print marketing. Our specialists know that with the right balance, you can achieve your business goals, whatever your budget – whether it’s boosting your reach, increasing your website traffic, or converting more visitors to bookings.
Get in touch today to see how we could help you.